It was “I” week…and it was fun! I hope Quinn continues to love our little activities as much as he has for these first few letters. And, it has been SO easy for me, because I’m still using the same little ideas…just the new letter.
1. We started with our Frog Street book and song. Q loved it, of course…and wanted to sing it OVER and OVER… 2. After that, we made lemon pudding and I let Quinn fingerpaint I’s in it. He had a blast! …and did good…that I was all by himself! :) 3. We did our “No Time For Flash Cards” art activity…and, it made Q’s favorite I word…ICE CREAM!…4. Quinn hunted for all of the I’s in the big tub of foam letters.
5. And, used them on his I worksheet.
6. Q devoured his special Muffin Tin Munchies I lunch…look at all the Cheese-it I’s that I found! :) 7. This next activity entertained Q for HOURS!!! Seriously, HOURS!!! We used ICE water and warm water and he would place his new Color Changing Cars in one and then the other to watch them change. HE LOVED IT!
8. One afternoon, after lunch, we made an Ice Cream Drink! Quinn helped me put in the cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream, milk, banana, and chocolate syrup! YUMMMY! Cheers!!!… 9. He did starfall and bemboo’s zoo activities!
10. And, he practiced writing his I’s on his chalkboard in his room! :)
11. And, last but not least, we went on our field trip…to IHOP! Quinn got SO excited when he saw the sign…He said, “That I doesn’t have it’s dot!!!!” …
Such a fun little outing…such a fun letter.
Up next: N